Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mother's Day Craft Idea

As a teacher, you have to come up with some type of craft the kids can make for their mom's.  I always want it to be nice, but it's hard when buying supplies for over 20 kids.  That's 20 mom's! So...I had my idea down.  I had done it before and it was cute.  And...Hobby Lobby was completely wiped out of clay pots.  So, back to square 1.  Walking around the store, I came up with...a wooden letter M (for mom...get it? ha!).  Use chalkboard paint on the letter.  Let the kids use chalk to write them a message on it.  Tie a ribbon in one corner.  Then, make a card.  Cheesy?  Good?  I don't know.  If they turn out half-way decent on Friday, I will take pictures and share.  No pictures = flop! ha!!
In other news this week, it's Teacher Appreciation Week.  Have you appreciated a teacher yet?  There is still time.  Send a nice email thanking them for all they do.  That's all you really need to do.  I started the week off on Monday night attending the teacher of the year banquet in support of my friend, Holly.  And, she ended up winning the District Teacher of the Year!!  So proud of her!!!  She totally deserves it.  We have worked together off and on for the last 15 years and have watched each other grow as professionals and in our christian walk.  She is one of the hardest workers I know with an energy that is unmatched!  Sometimes I get tired just listening to her.  She is always on GO!  It was an award long overdue! 

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!!

No comments: