Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Top Ten Books of 2013

Of the books that I read in 2013, these are my top ten.  These books were not all written this year and they range from thriller, to mystery, to historical fiction to fantasy.  My top 3 are MUST READS for everyone, in my humble opinion.  The type of books that move you emotionally and stay with you after you finish to the point that you hesitate to start a new book.
Ok, here goes...

#10 gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson (fun, easy read)

 #9 Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (Historical fiction)
#8 City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (Young Adult series)
#7 Before I Go to Sleep (read this one in ONE day!)
#6 And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (excellent storyteller)
#5 Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah (story of friendship)
#4 Gone Girl  by Gillian Flynn (thriller - so many twists and turns it's insane!)
#3 The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman
#2 The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
#1 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
It was tough to decide between #1 and #2, both EXCELLENT books!  I hope 2014 brings as many good books my way!!





No comments: