Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Beautiful Creatures by

5
This book is targeted for young adults.  DEVOURED it!  I'm wondering if my calling isn't a middle school librarian, because I tend to LOVE their books!!!  I am not big on "love" stories, and in the very beginning I thought, "Oh, no, this is reminding me of Twilight."  BUT, it quickly recovered and I couldn't stop reading because I wanted to know...what am I dealing with?  Vampires?  Werewolves?  What is the behind the story scene?  Anyway, I personally recommend this book for a teen.  I'd say 6th grade and up.  Mature 5th grader could even read it.  No inappropriate scenes.  I'm on to the second one.  It's a four part series.  Yay! (and, yes, my 5th book THIS month...I may need to take a break and talk to my husband! ha!)

Summary:
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

No comments: