Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hurting heart

My Nala girl has stopped eating.  We have literally done everything we can think of to get her to eat.  We have bought every kind of soft food, added water, warmed it, boiled liver, opened cans of tuna, and tonight even got baby food.  She may take a bite or two or lick the juice in it, but mostly, she isn't interested.  She is sleeping a lot.  Today we went to the vet, because I was at my wits end and several times this week thought we were at the end of our journey.  He said to stop the insulin shots until she is eating.  I feel like we are just making her comfortable and waiting.  I have bawled and bawled.  Every time I look at her or kiss her good night I wonder if it's the last time.  I know she has had a good long life, but it doesn't lessen how much it hurts to say good bye to my cuddle buddy and best friend of 17 years.  Please help me pray that she passes peacefully and isn't in any pain.  I love her so much.

No comments: