Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Survived The Attacks of September 11, 2001 by Tarshis

4




In my attempt to read at least one elementary fiction book a month or bi-monthly,(I am an elementary librarian after all!) this was my pick for this month.  I have had boys in my class for the past two years devour this series.  I decided to see what all the fuss was about.  I read it in an afternoon (maybe an hour or two...I wasn't paying attention to time.)  I see the appeal.  The author does a good job of making you feel like you are there.  It's a great read for kids to learn about historical events rather than opening a boring old text book! :)  I would recommend for 3rd thru 5th graders and offer as a choice for those 2nd grade students that need to be challenged.  Other books in the I Survived series are: The Sinking of the Titanic, The Shark Attacks of 1916, Hurrican Katrina, The Bombing of Pearl Harbor, and The San Francisco Earthquake, 1906.

No comments: