Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekend Report

My furkids are WORTHLESS!  See why we got a king size bed!  Seriously, where do I fit? Ha!
It's been a quiet weekend.  Busy though.  Friday night, we had a big Valentine banquet catering that went off without a hitch.  It was awesome!!  Then, early, early Saturday morning, Kevin left for his Mission Trip.  I did a few chores that morning and then went to volunteer at Upward for awhile.  After a dreaded trip to Wal-Mart and paying bills, I was FINALLY able to RELAX and READ!  I just need a FULL DAY of reading!!  That's why I wanted a snow day.  Course now that it has been practically 70 degrees, I'm ready for spring! :)
Today, after church, I had a 3 hour lunch date with some friends and came home and worked in a flowerbed and on the pond for a while.  Somehow, I have a goldfish still alive so I thought I better clean up the water some for him before he was just swimming through mud and leaves. Oops! 
I think all my chores are done for today.  Business books are caught up and sales tax for January is paid.  So, I am about to find a spot on the couch and read!! Imagine!!
Kevin's cell service is spotty, but he has texted a few times today.  Lots of good stuff happening and people are getting saved!!! Keep those prayers coming!

*I was really going to try to post my tribute to Nala today, but I just can't.  I'll try again tomorrow.  I'm really having a tough time with this one.  I still look for her to come down the hall when I get home, and I still get easily upset about missing her.  I didn't realize just how much of my daily routine was taking care of and nurturing my fluffy girl. :(

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

Wow!! At my house, just Vader can take up the whole king size bed. I'm to the point now of telling Jeff that the bed belongs to me & Vader and we MIGHT let him sleep in it when he's home!!

Glad you got everything done and found some time to read. I've been loving my reading time lately :)