Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Hosseini

11
My first really good read in awhile!  I read it in two days over the "ice break".  I absolutely LOVE the way this author tells a story.  He really has a way with words.  If you haven't read any of his books, I highly recommend them.  They will also make you look at Afghanistan in a new way.  (or at least they did for me)
LOVE!!  5 out of 5.

Summary from Goodreads:
A moving story about two women set in Afghanistan. The book's story illustrates both the second class, serf-like treatment of two women and their subjection to physical and emotional brutality that was allowed, enabled and endorsed. We also get to see the bravery, kindness and self-resilience of these same two women. Despite the harsh reality of the story, the humanness and compassion shown by both women while trying to survive in such a brutal and oppressive environment is very uplifting.

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

I'll add it to my list!!