Wednesday, July 30, 2014

10 years ago...

 It was 10 years ago this month that I closed on this house and moved in.  I can't believe it's been 10 years!!  I remember the struggles of trying to find a place on my small teacher salary.  This one maxed out my budget, but I was going through a divorce and had to find a place for my 2 cats and 2 dogs.  Renting wasn't an option.  I remember how hard it was to find someone to take on my loan because of my small salary.  I had no debt except for student loans, and I had excellent credit, but I was a risk.  A friend who did loans stepped up and helped me out.  I can remember him telling me to really think about it because I was having to do a loan that meant I couldn't sell or refinance for a year and even after that couldn't refinance for 5 years.  Haha!  Who knew that 10 years later, I'd still be here - only with a new husband, 3 dogs and a kitten.
 I do love our house.  We honestly don't need anything bigger or nicer, but we sure wish we could pick it up and move it to the country. 
 After 10 years, I am finally thinking about moving.  We won't move just to be moving.  It will have to be the right place on some land to get us to move.  We did spend this summer cleaning out and purging.  When we get to move, every closet and cabinet only has stuff that will go with us.  Now, we are getting ready to put in a french drain and replace some floors that need replacing.  Let's just hope we aren't like that show "love it or list it" and fix stuff up only to stay! ha!
 It could be a month from now, a year from now or 2 years from now, but the search for a move in ready house in the country is ON!  I just hope we find it in Bubba Bear & Stella's time, because those two will have a ball!
This house has served us well and I hold many memories here.  I will be sad to go but excited for the next adventure.


1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

Super cute home!!!! We lived in our house for 10 years when we decided to move as well - sadly not for land, but for the future all the same.