Thursday, July 31, 2014

Confession

 I used to love my backyard. It was one of my favorite places to be...until the past two or three years when it has stayed in standing water or mud, because we need a french drain.  You can imagine what it's been like this year with all this crazy rain!!!  Well, we are finally starting to get ready for the french drain!!!  In the meantime, my flowerbeds have gone to pot. :(  Case in point in the pictures below.  Note the tall grass around the flowerbeds.  Where we haven't been able to mow all year...only occasionally weed eat because you literally sink in the mud.
 I have worked this week getting rid of flowerbeds, downsizing flowerbeds, and getting it ready for the big french drain project!!  I had 6 - yes 6 - flowerbeds and once I married the Big Bear somehow, I just can't keep up with everything like I used to...so NOW, down to 4.  But, I cut one of those 4 (the one below) in half.  So, basically I got rid of 2 1/2 flowerbeds...much more reasonable!  All my plants are ones that come back every year, so I should be able to keep up now!  Just a little mulch and a few finishing touches and I have cut this bad boy down and gotten rid of some SERIOUS overgrown plants & weeds!!!
 Love my pig! :)

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

Love it! I don't have the patience for flower beds. Our lawn guys keep mine up for me :)