Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Lord of the Rings (Book 2 & 3)

28 & 29

I have officially finished The Lord of the Rings.  I have such mixed feelings about this series.  On the one hand, I feel like it's a classic and the history behind it and the author is fascinating.  I love that it is still being read and shared all these years later!!  It is a good story!  On the other hand, I am relieved to be finished reading it.  At times, it can drag.  I mean, we are talking 1008 pages all with the same mission.  I just felt like some of the descriptions in the traveling could be cut down.  But then, how do you critique a classic?
Now...on to watch the movies (which I've never seen!)...

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

The movies are great representations of the books. Mostly because the trees don't talk so gosh darn much. Plus, the characters aren't bad to look at either... Even if they kill of Sean Bean (which isn't a spoiler since you've read the books now!) I'm with you. The books were good, but we now watch the movies every year on Christmas Day. So we are keeping the story alive.