Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8 Years Ago Today...


My blog post (leaving out the part that it was a DATE with the BIG BEAR!)...our first date (the second time around in life)...
 Saturday night I went to see Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Too Funny!! Lots of good quotes/one-liners in this one! It's just a good, dumb movie with absolutely no meaning to go see when you need to laugh! But we followed it up by going to the Speedway afterwards! Now that was fun! I have lived by that Speedway for 2 years now and kept saying I was going to go one Saturday night. Well - I finally made it but only in time for the last two races! So - I'm going to have to go back! I'll have to take my camera next time ~ great people watching at the Speedway! :) I even managed a round of putt-putt golf last night ~ now I haven't done that since I was in high school and we would all drive over to Jonesboro and play! 


8 years...lots of good times, lots of bad times, but we have survived it all and I believe we are better and stronger people for the adventures & trials we have gone through together.  Most marriages don't survive some of our tough stuff, and maybe we did because at the core of it all, we are best friends.  I'm so glad God put us together.  Sometimes you drive me insane because we are so opposite, but that just shows God's sense of humor! :)  I can't help but pray the tough stuff is behind us and we get to spend the next 8 years enjoying the life we've built together with our fur kids.  Love you Big Bear!

No comments: