Monday, October 27, 2014

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

43
This is the first book in a trilogy.  I thought it was slow to start and even considered giving up on it at one point, but I am glad I didn't.  The pace picked up about half-way through and it ends in such a way, that you immediately want to start reading the second book in the series (which I have and it doesn't drag at all - I read the first 100 pages last night!)

Summary from Goodreads.com:
Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't.

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

Really? Why do you do these things to me?