Monday, December 8, 2014

Benson's Meet NYC - Day 1

 Going to New York City is on my bucket list and this year when I got my school calendar and it gave us the whole week of Thanksgiving off, we decided to GO!  Little did we know when we booked it that we would be MOVING too!  But the timing ended up being just the break we needed. :)
We got there late afternoon on Wednesday and checked in to Yotel in Hells Kitchen.  Great hotel by the way!  Above was the view from our room. :)
 We were right off Times Square & were hungry from missing lunch with the plane changes.  So we headed down to Times Square to explore and eat.  We ended up eating at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co.

 We are NOT good at selfies! ha!

 After dinner, we took the Subway (my first ever Subway ride!)  You can see it all over my face in the picture below how exhausted I was from all the stress of our move.  :(  But I was re-energized by this trip!!  I ended up LOVING the Subway!!
 We ended up in Central Park because they blow up all the big balloons for the Macy's Day Parade in Central Park the night before the parade.  There was music blaring and tons of people walking around.  The only downside was that it was raining with maybe a little sleet...

Times Square, riding a subway and Central Park all in only a half day...good first day!

No comments: