Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Benson's Meet NYC - Day 3

 We got up after our full day the day before and headed straight for the Museum of Natural History (you know, the setting for Night at the Museum).  It wasn't open yet when we got there, so we decided to kill time in Central Park right across the street. :)
 I love, love, loved Central Park!!!  And, we even saw a real-life NYC dog walker!!  I had to take her picture and let her know she made my day!!
 I really want to go back and dedicate more time to exploring Central Park.  :)


 After all that walking, Big Bear needed a little snack and trust me, there are street food vendors everywhere!!
 I will admit that I am NOT a Museum person, but I tried to keep an open mind.  Other than the dinosaur floor, I was bored.  It was like looking at a zoo of dead stuffed animals.  Sorry. This is the only thing we did that I could've skipped, but at least I can say we went and I saw it.

 After the Museum, Kevin said he had a surprise for me and we jumped on the subway but I had no idea where we were going.  Then we rounded a corner and I saw the Seinfeld restaurant!!!!  I was so excited!!
 Around the corner from the restaurant, we stumbled onto this really cool old church.  It was beautiful, but I was a little disturbed that it seemed like more of a tourist attraction than a place of worship. :(  They requested a $10 "donation" to come inside. 
And I happened upon a NYC bookstore!!  It was just like I imagined it inside.  2 floors and books stacked all over the stairs as you went up to second level.  Loved it!
We had matinee tickets to The Lion King broadway play...AMAZING!!!!  No words.  Just awesome!
Another full day of exploring and fun! :)


No comments: