Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Builder Big Bear

 I saw a few tables on Pinterest made from old barn wood scraps and Big Bear has been wanting to use his miter saw again...so I snagged a few boards from my parents barn and everyone was happy! :)
 I showed Big Bear two pictures from Pinterest and we basically combined the two ideas to make what we wanted.  Now, I am a visual person, not a measurement person.  So...he was pretty much 90% done (see picture below) and I decided it was too tall, needed to be longer, and I wanted a wider board on top. :)
 I made a quick after school trip to Beebe for more barn wood and soon we had a winner!
 I have to say, I am pretty impressed!!  I love it!! We use the bottom shelf to keep all our boots on and Ruby has claimed the middle of the top shelf as her "spot".
 Look at that character!!  You can't buy that in a store!!
 When our new couch comes in, we are building a side table too! But the next project is a brooder box for the baby chicks coming soon!! 

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

That Ruby - I love her!!! And great job Big Bear!