Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

 Another successful library day in the books! :)  I organized volunteer readers for each classroom, a door decorating contest, movie showings in the library in the afternoon, PJ Day for PreK through 2nd and book character dress up day for 3rd - 5th!!  Oh, and we had an AR reading contest!  I was WORN out at the end of the day.  I think I could feel every muscle in my body!!!  
I LOVE to see the kids so excited about reading on days like yesterday!! I just wish that when people signed up to read to a classroom, they would follow through and do what they said they were going to do and IF NOT, then let me know in advance.  I know emergencies can come up, but not as many as I had yesterday.  It was NUTS!  But, I had some last minute angels step in and make sure everyone had a reader!!! So, all in all, the day was a success!




 My angels who rescued the day from the cancellations are above!! Praying extra blessings for them!!
And, the absolute highlight of my day was a former student coming to volunteer read for me!  She is now in college!!!  Ahhh! Time flies!
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!

No comments: