Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Rescue Mission

Yesterday someone contacted me and desperately wanted to find a new home for their 7 month old boxer.  They just didn't have the work schedule that allowed for potty training her & couldn't handle the pee anymore.  I immediately called my contact with Boxer Rescue of Texarkana (highly recommend adopting from them!! This is the lady that helped us find our adorable Rex!!).  We found a foster home for her so I went to pick her up for an overnight at the farm.  Then today it was a road trip to get her to her new destination. :)  What an interesting night!
She jumped out of the car and immediately went to the donkeys.  They were very patient with her. 

We let Rex, the good boxer, out first.  He loved her instantly and rolled over on his back and they played and wrestled.  You can see what a small boxer Rex is here.  She is 7 months old and bigger!

 Bubba Bear had to stay on a leash.  Kevin had to stay in charge of him.  He even had to roll him and pin him down in the dominant roll at one point.  That boy is so stubborn!!!!  And, we learned, he loves his brother and sister, but don't bring another dog over here. He will attack.  We protected her by keeping them separated the whole time.  It was a fun night of rotating rooms and who gets to go out. (NOT!)
She is absolutely adorable and I love her under bite!  However, when I was scrubbing out a crate full of pee at 4:30 am, I was super grateful for my trained dogs!  No more puppies for me!!  Ain't nobody got time for that!

I imagine she will find a home quickly.  She is young and gorgeous.  She just needs a family with a consistent schedule and time to train her.  She was even good with the cat - who HATED her and fluffed up to twice her size! LOL!
Fun night at the Benson house...I'm exhausted!

If you are interested in her, contact Boxer Rescue of Texarkana. :)

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

She's a cutie!! Any update?