Wednesday, July 1, 2015

VBS

I just do NOT remember Vacation Bible School being this fun when I was younger.  I remember making silly crafts and staying inside.  When I first signed up to help, I thought seriously from 6:30 pm to 9:10 pm?!?  Isn't that a little long?  Well, the time FLIES by!  We play games inside for about 30 minutes and do our team chants/cheers.  Get pumped up!  Then, we have praise and worship time and hear a message from the Youth Pastor, and then outside for games, then sno cones/snacks, then MORE games!  Fun games too!  Last night they had to run to a plate full of mustard and get down on their hands and knees and write their name in mustard on a posterboard using only their nose.  First team with eight names on the posterboard wins.  LOL!

It has been a good time each night with these girls.  I'm so glad I am moving up with them to help them transition from being in the little kids area to being the youngest group in the teenage building. :)

 Run with your cup of water and pour into container, first one full enough for the flag to pop up, wins!
 Run with your water and pour as much as you can into the bottle that your partner is holding.  You can't bend down or hold cup below your waist.  After you pour, then you hold the bottle.  First team to fill to the line on the bottle wins.
"Hey Mrs. Lori!  Take our picture by the No Smoking sign!"
 Oh the selfies on my phone!  6th grade girls LOVE selfies!
 Praise time!
 Sno cones!  My favorite!!!
Love!
Tonight is our last night!  Pizza and game time and wrapping up our lesson on "Blind No More".
Our memory verse was John 8:12 "Then Jesus said to them again, I am the light of the world; He that follows me will not walk in darkness but have the light of life."

2 comments:

Vader's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vader's Mom said...

I agree. We had fun in VBS, but I don't remember it being THAT fun!!!