Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer

45
This book was one of the feature books at my first book fair as a Librarian two years ago.  I was intrigued then, but you know the saying 'so many books, so little time'.  I've been meaning to read it and now the series has about 4 books I believe.  This summer I saw the author on Good Morning America promoting the latest release in the series and was intrigued again.  I finally read it!  Whoop!  And I was not disappointed. I can honestly recommend this to my 4th and 5th graders and I think boys and girls alike would enjoy it.  It is full of adventures and if I were in the classroom I could have fun with using this as a read aloud.  The main characters fall into a book called "The Land Before Time" and meet all the famous fairy characters on their adventures.  I think I can honestly say 4th through maybe 7th/8th graders would enjoy this series.

Summary from goodreads.com:
Alex and Conner Bailey's world is about to change, in this fast-paced adventure that uniquely combines our modern day world with the enchanting realm of classic fairy tales. 
"The Land of Stories" tells the tale of twins Alex and Conner. Through the mysterious powers of a cherished book of stories, they leave their world behind and find themselves in a foreign land full of wonder and magic where they come face-to-face with the fairy tale characters they grew up reading about. 
But after a series of encounters with witches, wolves, goblins, and trolls alike, getting back home is going to be harder than they thought.

No comments: