Friday, August 7, 2015

Today's Farm Adventures...

Normally after a full day at work of moving tables and bookcases along with dusting & vacuuming and putting the library back together, I would be toast when I got home.  That was BEFORE we moved to country...now, regardless, I come home and outside it is! :)
Elly May was in a fiesty mood tonight. She gave Bubba Bear some "love" nibbles and apparently he liked it cause he stood there for more!  I don't know what has gotten into him!

Jethro is my attention hound...he and Bubba Bear are two peas in a pod in that regard!  They bump everyone else out of the way to get my attention all for themselves.

I decided on a whim to let "the ladies" out to free range again.

One of the chickens got too close for Elly May's comfort and she turned around and nudged it on the bottom and it took off flying.  Well, this started a game for Elly May! Oh boy!

At this point, I had to "have words" with Elly May and correct her...as much as you can correct a donkey!!

Chickens in the front yard!  We have arrived! :)

And, a few of us got named tonight.  This is Red (on the left) and Frenchie (on the right).  Ginger is the other Rhode Island Red we have.

And, that is just a regular night on the farm!  LOVE it!

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

Ella May - She sounds like Bubba Bear to me. I'm dying from laughter over here.