Monday, October 5, 2015

It's that time of year...

 The weather is cooling off and that means it is time to get back in the woods and explore.  Today I explored inside the fence, which means I had LOTS of company!  Donkeys included...they don't like to be left out of anything.

 "What cha doing mom?"  Well, I did have a reason behind this trek through the woods.  Last night about 2 am, Stella and Bubba needed out.  Normally in the middle of the night, they go potty and come right back to the door.  I waited and waited.  Well, the backyard gates were open so they went exploring and I was ready to go back to bed.  After whistling a few times, and still no dogs, I threw on a pair of jeans and grabbed a flashlight.  (Yes, most people would have just left them outside, but that's not how we do things around here. Our animals are rotten to the core.  And, I couldn't go back to sleep with them out there anyway.)  Curious thing was that there were also no donkeys in the front yard.  And, they weren't down in their shed.  Hmmm...I'm wondering if when it gets really cool at night and there is a breeze if they are bedding down in the woods.  That's where Stella and Bubba came from...a mystery to solve.

 Hey mom...did you see that?

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

You now have 5 dogs. Two just have really long ears!!!!