Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My TOP reads from 2015!

I way exceeded my normal reading this year and somehow managed to read 62 books!!!!  That makes for one happy librarian! :)  Out of 62 books, there were duds, mediocre, good and "oh my gosh, you MUST read this"...I tried to give you my MUST reads below and narrow it down to 10!!

10. The Invention of Wings by Kidd
9. The Law of Moses by Harmon 
8. Daughters of the Dragon by Andrews
7.  The Husband's Secret by Moriarty
6. The Sea of Tranquility by Millay
5. The Silent Sister by Chamberlain
4. The Nightingale by Hannah
3. The Girl on the Train by Hawkins
2. Still Alice by Genova
1. All the Light We Cannot See by Doerr

Love dystopia society series?  I highly recommend the Unwind series by Neal Shusterman (4 books) and Legend series by Wu.  Unwind is a concept that hasn't been overdone in the dystopia books.  One warning with the Legend series by Wu is watch age you recommend it for.  The last book does have a sex scene between the main characters.

Need a good detective series?  I really like the Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling).  Career of Evil is the newest release.  So far, there are 3.  They get better with each one.

My YA pick of the year: The Boy on the Wooden Box by Leon Leyson

Elementary to Middle School series: Percy Jackson (yes, I just read them & this summer was the 10 year anniversary of Percy Jackson!) and The Land of Stories Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer - this is a great series for a 4th - 6th grader.

And, if you need a fun, unexpected book that is bound to bless you by reading it, try: Flash: The Homeless Donkey by Rachel Anne Ridge.  You won't regret it!

Happy Reading from your Friendly Librarian! :)

No comments: