Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Disciple's Cross (Masterlife 1)

7
I just finished this Bible study today.  Wow!  Kevin and I tried to do this study a few years ago together and we missed out on so much by not doing it with a group.  It is really making me step out of my comfort zone.  And, every week we have a verse to memorize.  So, now you get to "hear" them and trust that I am typing them from memory. :)
Luke 9:23 And then he said to them all, "Whoever wishes to be my disciple must deny himself, pick up his cross daily and follow me."
John 15:5 I am the vine and you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me, he can do nothing.
John 8:31-32 If you hold to my teachings you are truly my disciples, you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 15:7 If you remain in me and my word remains in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you.
John 13:34-35 A new command I have for you.  Love one another.  As I have loved you, so that you must love one another.  All men will know you are my disciples if you love one another.
John 15:8  This is to my Father's glory that you bear much fruit showing yourselves to be my disciples.
John 15:13 No greater love than this that a man give his life for his friends.

I stumbled on that last one because I'm still trying to learn it.  I'm not double-checking myself so if I missed one, you have to let me know. :)

Summary from lifeway if you want to know more:
MasterLife 1: Disciple's Cross - Member Book is a Bible study that helps you experience life in Christ through practicing six identified biblical disciplines: spending time with the Master, living in the Word, praying in faith, fellowshipping with believers, witnessing to the world, and ministering to others.



No comments: