Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Before the bottom dropped out...

 Oh my goodness...this was literally the calm before the storm!  We are supposed to get about 7 to 10 inches of rain over the next 3 days.  Of course, it was beautiful all day until 5 minutes before I got home.  Then, it was raining, but a nice normal rain that I could still do chores and let the ladies out...
The donkeys checking out the new girls...everyone is curious.  They have been behind a stall door since October, so they have been heard but not seen. :)
Hey mom!  Pet me even though I am wet and then rolled in dirt! Find a clean spot on me, I dare you!
These two just might make nice before it's all said and done.  Elly May loves to chase her back in the house! LOL!
And, my last good chore before the gully washer hit, was rigging up a way to hang the chicken feed UNDER the coop so when it rains it doesn't ruin the food.  I think I did pretty good just digging through the scraps of leftover stuff we had laying around. :)

I ended up waiting about 10 minutes too long to put the ladies up and was SOAKED by the time I had everyone put back up and fed.  The bottom dropped out and rain was coming in sideways.  Good times...NOT!

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

I'm proud of your genius!! I wouldn't have thought of that. And I was wondering what happened to Jethro - I could have sworn he used to be white :)