Sunday, April 17, 2016

Major Progress!

Chicken pen DONE!  Considering neither one of us know a thing about fencing, I think we did a pretty good job!  See above, the three board horse fence was already there.  (Not even good for mini-donkeys, they go right under it! ha!)  But we used it as a base and stapled the fencing to it. 
Below is standing in the corner as you come into the gate from the house...and yes, Stella is in the chicken pen!  She is such a good girl!

My awesome flea market gate opens to the "soon to be" goat area.  So I can let chickens out with the goats.  I plan to paint it the red color of the coop. :)
So they will have the small area on that side of their coop where the gates are and then this HUGE area on the other side of the coop.  They should be happy ladies!
Especially since this was what they were used to before:
And this picture below shows the gate I built out of barn wood from my parents place.  I am sure anyone could critique it, but I love it because I built and it's made from wood that is special to me.  And, yes, it's going to be red like the coop too. 
In other news, the ugly babies are discovering their wings! LOL!
And the goat shelter area has been cleaned up and ready for building.  The chainsaw was in full force.
Now, next weekend is goat shelter building days!  Anyone who wants to help, come join us! :)  It's way more fun than fencing...have I mentioned I hate fencing???

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

Impressive!! All your animals are so welled loved! You rock