Monday, April 4, 2016

STRESS!!

Little Miss Ruby Rue ran out the door this morning before I left for work.  Normally, I make her come back in if she does that, but Big Bear had the day off and was home, so I didn't think much about it.  She is never out more than a few hours and then wanting back in.  Well, let's just say by 1 o'clock this afternoon, Big Bear still hadn't seen her.  And, he decided to text me at work and tell me that.  So, all focus for the rest of the day was SHOT!  All I wanted to do was come home and look for her.  Meanwhile, Kevin spent his day off driving the neighborhood up the road, going to the two corner stores to tell them to keep an eye out, stopping at our neighbors house to ask if they had seen her and walking and driving the woods around our house.  NO sign of her.  I race out of work before the bell even rings...manage to get ahead of the car line.  We spent over an hour in the back woods looking, calling and get cut all over our arms and legs by briars.  As I am about to give up, I say I'm going to walk the woods inside the fence with the dogs one time.  Bubba Bear runs over to a big area of brush and starts sniffing and out pops RUBY RUE!  What the crap!?!  
So, who knows what happened between 6:30 am and 4:30 pm today, but she wasn't 40 steps from the front door.  And, she's been found.  I may have bawled my eyes out in relief.  Turns out I love this pain in the rear cat more than I thought!


1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

Her brother found her - You aren't kidding about her belonging to him!