Saturday, June 18, 2016

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

33
This is book 1 of the Lunar Chronicles series.  It is a young adult series that I have seen on the B&N "what teens are reading" table multiple times lately.  It's also been on my "to read" shelf for over a year.  I admit that from the description, I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it surprised me.  It was a really good story with a main character that is very likeable.  If you have a teen or middle schooler looking for a summer read, I can recommend this as a safe read.  I have to think that even with the sci-fi element, it may be more of a winner for girls than boys though.  There is a slight fairy tale link to Cinderella.  I am moving on to book 2!  Yay!

Summary:
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
 


No comments: