Monday, June 13, 2016

Introducing...

Katniss
And Prim
The soon-to-be dynamic duo of mouse slaying barn cats! :) Right now, they are just adorable, but soon they will be fearless and ruthless.  I can hear the mice packing their bags and moving already. LOL!
So far, they aren't much bigger than the mice and judging from the fact that a lizard of some sort is currently taking up residence in their litter box, they aren't "hunters" yet. LOL!
I'm a little nervous about the dangers an outside cat faces, but I'm giving the barn cat thing a try.  I'm hoping that starting them off small and living in a barn stall, they will think of the barn as their "main residence" and stay safely around it.  I know I've gotten to toughen up a bit with this whole farm business, but all these animals are my babies.  It's hard not to get attached.  Plus, I hold this verse close to my heart, "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals. Proverbs 12:10"

No comments: