Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Summer Updates

These two cuties went for their first vet check up yesterday and were declared all healthy.  Yay!  They weighed in at 1 lb. 13 oz. and 1 lb. 11 oz.  So tiny, but soon will be hunting mice like the barn cats they are meant to be! :)
Yesterday I got a trailer full of dirt and mulch to try and repair some of the front "flowerbed" (I use that term loosely).  It had a lot of washout from the gutters being full of leaves (which I cleaned out! bam!).  I filled it all back in and put down some mulch.  Meanwhile, my hubby comes to the front door, sees what I'm doing and quickly disappears back inside! LOL!  I'm thinking we might be one of a very few households where the wife is outside doing heavy labor while the hubby is inside cooking dinner. LOL!

I thought I might should get a picture because with the donkeys, chickens and dogs, it really won't last long! :) I stole the goats box fan to blow on me while I was working in the HEAT and humidity.  
See my clever solution to the donkeys destroying and pulling up one of the bushes?  GO HOGS! 
The dogs were really helping me get this project done.  At one point, I was literally putting down dirt all around Bubba Bear!
As soon as I finished, the wind started blowing and the temperature became bearable and a rain storm popped up!  Typical! ha!
None of my mulch washed away, so I'm happy!

No comments: