Friday, July 8, 2016

Busy Week

We started the week on Sunday with a good 'ole farm BBQ.  It was hot but there was plenty of shade, and everyone seemed to have a good time.  We invited a lot of people thinking most people would have other plans or be out of town since it was a holiday weekend.  Nope.  Not the case, so we had a FULL farm! ha!
 The kittens got a work out and were basically limp noodles by the end of the night.  They were worn smooth out!
Somehow (because of where the shade was at 5:30 I guess), everyone ended up in the front yard facing the road! LOL!  
We ended up with about 60 people total!  CrAzY!  It was fun, but it was exhausting!  I bet every kid went home dirty and slept good!  They were climbing trees, catching chickens and wrangling goats.  My poor goats! 
I love sharing our place with others and so does Big Bear, so it was a success!
The next day was actually the 4th and we just relaxed all day.  And, I caved and let Bubba Bear in with the goats for the first time.  They like to play through the fence, so I decided it was time.  That was our 4th of July action. LOL!
That night we had the drama of rescuing two dogs that were on the busy highway in front of our house.  One almost got hit and I couldn't stand it.  I knew they were afraid of the all the fireworks going off, so we coaxed them inside our fence and I stayed in the barn with them until the fireworks died down.  Luckily, the next day their owner saw one of our fliers and they were back home in less than 24 hours.  Happy ending!
We also had Big Bear's birthday this week! :)
And, of course, in the midst of all that, we had just our regular farm adventures. The kittens are venturing further out the past few days and now have discovered the chickens and that they can climb trees. :)  
In this crazy world we live in now, I just want to hole up here on the farm where it is peaceful and never leave.

No comments: