Monday, July 4, 2016

My mid-year Top Ten Book List :)

This is my top 10 books that I have read so far this year...NOT easy to put into a top ten! :)  In order from best of best to least of best.  ALL good in my librarian opinion. :)

1.     No One Knows by J. T. Ellison (If you liked Gone Girl or Girl on a Train, you will like this one too!  Lots of twists and turns!!)
2.    Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys (WWII setting…this author has yet to disappoint me!)
3.    Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain (Be prepared to get attached to the characters in this one!)
4.    The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (This sat in my “to read” pile forever because I usually don’t do well with non-fiction, but this autobiography will make you laugh, shake your head, get frustrated, and laugh again.  Just try it.)
5.    Me Before You by JoJo Moyes (will be a movie in June…read it first!) J
6.    What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty (another author that I have come to love)
7.    Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys (set in the French Quarter of New Orleans during the 50’s)
8.    The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix (story of a family about to inherit money and then something happens)
9.    I Let you Go by Clare MacIntosh (think along the lines of Gone Girl thriller)
10.  Homegoing by Gyasi (historical fictional dating back to 1800's and how slavery began...also family heritage)
** Honorable Mention:  Outlander series (This series isn’t for everyone and is an investment in time.  I struggled with the 2nd book but then quickly got obsessed.  It is now a series on Starz in its 2nd season.  You could always watch the first season and see if you might like it.)

And, for those like me who enjoy the young adult dystopia society type books, give these two series a try!  I doubt you will be disappointed.  They are also a bit sci-fiction.
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (4 books - Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter)
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy (3 books - The 5th Wave, The Infinite Sea, The Last Star)

No comments: