Monday, September 26, 2016

We tried...

We have taken hit after hit since about the end of July, so we decided to escape for one night & head to Mtn. View.  We did manage to enjoy a little shopping on the square...
 We found some shade and sat and listened to music...
It was a hot day, but we were starting to relax...
 This was our view and we planned the next morning to walk down to the trail and explore...
 We went to dinner on the river and were getting ready to watch the Razorback game...
And then we got the call from our house sitter that something was terribly wrong with Katniss.  We debated leaving that night.  Kevin knew I was worried.  I knew I couldn't do anything besides what the house sitter was doing.  She was in good hands.  I cried.  I prayed.  She made it through the night and we got up the next morning and immediately headed home.  Within an hour of being home, I knew we had to go to the emergency vet.  It was like she was drunk and she hadn't eaten and wouldn't drink.  
This precious barn kitty is still at the vet tonight.  She has vestibular disease.  It just develops out of no where and comes on suddenly.  She had a high fever yesterday and was on fluids and meds overnight.  Today she has improved, but we aren't better yet.  The vet says by the end of the week, she should have recovered and be back to normal.
I know there are people who would think we were crazy for coming home for a barn cat and for then taking her to the emergency vet to pay an outrageous fee, but these animals are under my care.  They depend on me to take care of them.  It is the very least I can do in exchange for the joy they give me.  So, call us crazy, but these are our kids. :)
A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals. Proverbs 12:10

No comments: