Sunday, November 27, 2016

Little Get Away!

 Finally!  We managed to get away TOGETHER!  The last time we even tried was September and it was cut short by Katniss being sick.  You can imagine how nervous I was about leaving all my babies when the last time we left together, Katniss almost died. And, when I left for a girl weekend last month, a chicken did die. Ahhh!!!  But, no disasters this go around!  As soon as Big Bear delivered his last smoked turkey, we hit the road.  And, boy did we burn up some roads!!  Thankfully we split our trip in half by driving to Branson first and getting a hotel there.  Thanksgiving day we explored Branson a little and went to the Dixie Stampede for our Thanksgiving dinner. :)
The Dixie Stampede put on an awesome Christmas show.  We were excited when they brought out the donkey, goats and sheep for the nativity scene!  Made us feel right at home! LOL!  

The main purpose of our trip was going to the Arkansas/Missouri game.  So, the next day we got up and hit the road for 3 1/2 MORE hours of driving on to Columbia, Missouri.  We were not sitting in the visitors section, so I was a little nervous about that, but Missouri fans are SUPER nice!!!
I wish I could say it was an amazing win, but it was a great first half and then the Hogs just didn't show up the second half.  So hard to watch.  In the end, we didn't score one single time in the second half and lost the game.  Mizzou 28 Hogs 24
Shameful.
After the game, we had a 3 1/2 hour drive back and did manage to make it to Lambert's before they closed.  Wow!  That was a TON of food and so good!!
Saturday, we shopped (browsed) Branson, ate another yummy meal at Landry's, (So good!!!  We ate well this weekend for sure!), and hit flea markets on the way home.
I found a scrapbook store!!!!! Eeeee!!!!  I racked up on paper!
I even found my next chicken coop!!!  Just got to save some $$$!! I heart chickens!
It wasn't a fancy vacation by any means, but we needed it and I'm so glad we did it.  Great weekend!

No comments: