Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanks for the Memories!

My parents closed on the sale of our childhood home today.  Bittersweet.  They bought a beautiful bigger farm 5 years ago.  The house had to be gutted, and my dad stayed there working on the new place while my mom stayed here trying to sell the old place.  45 minutes to an hour apart for YEARS!  And, today they can officially live together again and we say good-bye to the house and land we had for the past 30 years.
I can remember when we bought this place.  It was just the land.  The house that had been here before had burned but the concrete front porch was still there.  We built around it.  We moved out here when I was in 9th grade.  And, we ALL had a hand in building the house.  We (mom, dad, me, my brother and 3 boxers!!) lived behind the house in a camper while we were building it.  That house was like a mansion by the time we moved in!!
I always loved this row of pecan trees beside the house.  I loved exploring in the woods.  I loved having horses and pets.  Oh, but as a teenager, I HATED the drive!  We were 15 minutes out of town.  I just couldn't understand why my curfew couldn't be 15 minutes later than everyone else's! LOL!
Thank you for the memories!  Thank you to my parents for moving us out to the country.  Thank you for instilling my love of country.  I think it is really sweet that a young couple with young kids bought the place...now someone else gets to grow up here making memories.
Of all the roads you take in life, make sure at least one of them is dirt. :)

No comments: