Monday, January 2, 2017

My Book Picks for 2017

This wasn't an easy list to compile.  I read 70 books this year, so trying to narrow it down to favorites or the best was a challenge.  There was NO way to keep it at a Top 10 and since I read such a variety of books, I am dividing it up for you into Realistic Fiction picks, Fantasy/Sci Fi Picks, with a few elementary level chapter book recommendations! :)  
Ok, here we go!

From least to most favorite (the best I could...it was tough to rank!). Realistic Fiction:
10. No One Knows by J. T. Ellison
9. The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
8. Descent by Tim Johnston
7. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
6. I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
5. Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
4. Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
3. Salt to the Sea by Reta Sepetys
2. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
1. All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

Fantasy/Sci Fiction Picks (in no certain order):
Stand alone books:
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
The Bird & The Sword by Amy Harmon
Fantasy/Sci Fi
Series books:
My favorite of the year was An Ember in the Ashes (SO GOOD) and the second book is A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir.  Book 3 is not released yet.  
Another good one and is good for middle school/high school readers:
The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer.  There are 4 books and the series is finished...no waiting on next book to come out! :)
This is the first book:
Another good series is The 5th Wave trilogy by Rick Yancy.
Since I am an elementary school librarian, I feel I should at least include a few chapter books for the elementary level that are actually quite good! :)
Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate

And that's a wrap for 2016 reading.  Now, I'm off to the bookshelf to find my next good book!  Feel free to share a book that you really enjoyed!! 
Happy Reading!

No comments: