Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday Fun Day!

Winter?  What winter?  It's was sunny and 75 degrees in the shade today!  Time to get outside and WORK! (Except for Rex who is passed out in the middle of the donkey pasture!) :)
We made a final decision on our beekeeping location and cleared a few small trees.
There is a nice little clearing on the other side of the back fence, so we are going to repair the fence there (from deer jumping over, but they don't come around since the donkeys) and install a gate to that area.  Today we managed to clear trees.  Fence and gate maybe tomorrow???
Meanwhile, while we work up a sweat in our SHORT SLEEVES in February, everyone else is just looking for a shady spot to nap!
Big Bear and I weren't the only ones working though, the ladies gave us 9 eggs today!  Woohoo!!  Extra treats all around! :)

Enjoy the 70 degree temps all week!!  I even cleaned out both coops today and lowered the winter window coverings.  It's all I can do not to get the front porch spring ready...I'm afraid as soon as I do, it will try to snow!

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

Rex lives such a terrible life. I feel really bad for him :)