Sunday, February 12, 2017

Weekend

This is my bliss:
I know everyone's idea of contentment and happiness looks different, but this is mine.  I love the peace and the quiet and the unconditional love.  It would seem like having 24 "kids" would be overwhelming, and it might be for some, but I love being outside and taking care of everyone.  I love the antics and the challenges and learning new things...and the projects! :)
Remember the antique cradle I found at a flea market and immediately saw a hay feeder?  Well, I put it in with the goats first.  That didn't work because Pop jumped inside it and busted the bottom out.  He's not exactly little.  LOL!  So...I finally got it repaired this weekend and it is now a donkey hay feeder. :)


And remember that part about having 24 kids being work sometimes?  Well...this is the ugly side of having farm kids! LOL!  But really, in actuality, that is a trailer full of garden gold.  Free fertilizer! :)
The donkey shed all cleaned up and ready for the week.  We are not only trying out the new hay feeder but we put a whole bale of hay in it to see how they do getting a bale at a time instead of hauling 2 flakes down there every morning and another 2 flakes each night.
And not to be left out...Snap, Crackle and Pop:
And we've had one full week of the double gate to keep the donkeys contained in their own area.  It's working beautifully...unless you ask them.  LOL!
Here's to another week of spring temps in the middle of winter! :)

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

I can't wait to see the "kid" total go up with the addition of bees!!