Wednesday, April 12, 2017

My peace...

Oh, Cap'n Crunch, I am smitten with that face and those ears already!
At church tonight, we were asked to close our eyes and picture a place in our mind.  Any place.  It was no surprise to my husband that I chose to sit in the goat pen. :)  So, in my mind, I am sitting in the green grass "criss-cross-applesauce" in the middle of the goat pen.  
Then, they said, ask Jesus to join you.  Easy!  How joyful to share my joy with Jesus!!
Then, "What would you say to Jesus?"  I said, "Thank you.  Thank you for this beauty and peace you surround me with daily. I love my life.  I love the honest work that goes into having this land and caring for these animals.  Thank you for the joy each one your critters has brought me.  Thank you for entrusting me to care for them.  Thank you for your sacrifice and always being with me and caring for me."
Then, they asked, "What did Jesus say to you? Be still and listen."  
All you have was a gift from me to you.  It makes me happy to see you happy.  I take care of the birds of the air.  They want for nothing.  I will take care of you.  Do not worry or fear.  I am always with you.  Enjoy my gift and share it with others.
 I pray we all stop and remember the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus made for us this week.  Friday is not a "good" day...it is a day to reflect on what God has done for us.  It is a day to thank Him.  A day to be with him.  In his word. In prayer.  Be still.  Listen.  
The good is that we know what is coming...we know what Sunday brings...He LIVES!

No comments: