Monday, May 15, 2017

Big Country Day!

If there is one place I love more than our little farm, it's my parent's big farm!  Oh my goodness...it's SO peaceful!!!  The land is gorgeous everywhere you look...and we spent the majority of yesterday on my favorite pond on the land.
We got there early and went fishing before everyone arrived.  Once again, I was the winner (3 fish to Big Bear's 2)...the size of the fish doesn't matter, it's the number that matters.
Dad came with us so I have a witness!
Also note that Big Bear is struggling with HIS fishing pole, not mine (which is the reason he claimed that he lost! ha!)
Besides getting to be in the peaceful country yesterday and getting to visit with family, we also got to spend the day with both of our parents.  Big Bear's mom had fun on her 4wheeler ride to the pond! I went easy on her! LOL!
Everyone else came out by an old fashioned tractor hay ride!

And now that we are all here, the fish stopped biting! LOL!
This was probably one of the best Mother's day since the whole "infertility" battle began.  I know that so many people were praying for me and I honestly prayed for strength myself.  I did my very best to pretend it was just any 'ole Sunday family gathering.  I just can't let myself get down in the whole "I will never be a mom" thing.  It's too dangerous.  My heart will probably always be broken in that area, but I know that God is good and He ultimately has a plan.  I praise Him for all the blessings He has given me to bring me joy in other ways daily.  :)

No comments: